AC Refrigerant in Silicon Valley
AC refrigerant – sometimes referred to by the brand name “Freon” – is a liquid or gaseous substance used in air conditioners to absorb heat from the conditioned area, making it possible to fill your home with cool air. Without this refrigerant, most older air conditioning systems will not work. At Air Concepts, we can handle any refrigerant-related problems and get your AC unit running optimally.
The Silicon Valley AC Repair Team You Can Trust
If your AC unit is no longer sending out a stream of cool air, it may need refrigerant. Air conditioning units are sealed systems, and unless there is a leak,
they should never require adding refrigerant.
AC units manufactured prior to 2010 may use a refrigerant known as R-22:
- On January 1, 2010, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) implemented a ban on the production and import of R22, except for continuing servicing needs of existing equipment. The EPA also banned manufacturing and installing new R22 AC or heat pump systems.
- On January 1, 2020, it became illegal to produce R22.
- R-22 can still be purchased, but the price is many times that of other refrigerants.
- Prices will continue to increase as availability decreases.
Converting a unit from R-22 to R-410A is a significant undertaking that involves making several changes to your current AC system. In many cases, replacing the unit with a next-generation, more efficient model is more economical. At Air Concepts, our team has years of experience and the expertise needed resolve any AC problem. We will take care of you and ensure you are happy with our service.
Need Refrigerant for Your AC Unit? Call (408) 489-2465 Today
Is Your AC Unit Still Running on R-22 Refrigerant?
R-22, also known as Freon, is a type of refrigerant that many older AC units use. Since 2020, there has been a ban on its production and import due to its harmful effects on the ozone layer. If your AC unit is from before 2010, it probably uses R-22.
In that case, you have two options:
- Replace your AC unit with a newer, more efficient model
- Convert your AC unit so it can run on a newer refrigerant, known as R-410A
Benefits of R-410A Refrigerant
R-410A is a new type of refrigerant that current AC units use. This refrigerant has several benefits when compared to R22:
- Better for the environment
- Less expensive when an AC unit need to be recharged
- More energy-efficient
- Easily accessible and used in all newer AC units
Customers Love Us
We always provide honest, friendly, professional, and prompt services.
Veteran Owned and Operated
We are proud to be a veteran-owned and operated experienced HVAC company with a large service area.
Upfront Pricing Guaranteed
We are not salesmen we are comfort specialists. You will never experience upselling, only premier workmanship and service.
Great Response Time
Your time is valuable and we want to ensure you get the quality service in a timely manner so you can get back to your daily routine.
Why Work with Air Concepts?
Working Around Your Schedule
For Your AC Refrigerant Needs